Smart Work Zone Systems go by many names. Real-Time Work Zone, Real-Time Information systems, Smart Traffic Monitoring Systems and Portable Advanced Traveller information Systems to name a few. But what they all have in common is their use to monitor and inform traffic in real time within a work zone.
We keep drivers informed of real-time traffic conditions through:
- Variable Message Signs – portable, trailer-mounted and solar-powered.
- A.M. radio with flashing beacons (“Important Alert when flashing! Tune to 1610 A.M.”)
- Web site with images and mapping – see real-time “snapshots” or video, read the Variable Message Signs online, and view at-a-glance, color-coded congestion maps
- Twitter feed of real-time traffic conditions
- Smartphone / Mobile Device application
- Email and text message alerts to free subscribers